8th International Conference on Gross National Happiness
The concept of Gross National Happiness (GNH) is Bhutan’s guiding development philosophy declared by the fourth King in 1972. GNH expresses a shift in consciousness regarding how Bhutanese strike a balance between material and non-material values, prioritizing the happiness and well-being of humans and all life. The objective of GNH is to achieve a balanced form of development encompassing a range of domains each of which makes a vital contribution to happiness. This approach aims to balance modernity with tradition, material with spiritual, and economic with social, all within the broader context of ecological conservation. By placing ‘Happiness’, at the center of development, current economic growth measured by Gross National (or Domestic) Product has been fundamental challenged.
Instruction for Abstract Submission
- Authors are invited to submit abstract of no more than 300 words.
- Submissions must be original, previously unpublished works.
- The peer review process is double-blind (i.e. anonymised).
- Abstract has to be submitted only by electronic submission through 8th ICGNH OpenConf Paper Submission system (http://www.8icgnh.net/register/).
- Please go to the “Authors:” section and choose “Make Submission”
- Options for presentation: please indicate your choice (Poster Presentation or Oral Presentation) in the field of “Optional Comments” under the section of “Comments” in the “Make Submission” page of our OpenConf Paper Submission system.
Instruction for Full Paper Submission
- Accepted abstract will be invited to submit the corresponding full paper.
- Full paper submitted should be of at least four (4) but not more than six (6) pages.
- The peer review process is double-blind (i.e. anonymised). This means that all submissions must not include information identifying the authors or their organisation. Specifically, do not include the authors’ names and affiliations or any acknowledgement statements in the paper. An author may add this information later once the paper has been accepted.
- Authors must STRICTLY follow the format of the conference template (Word) available here.
- Authors are responsible to get their full paper proof read and checked for plagiarism.
- Full paper has to be submitted only by electronic submission through 8th ICGNH OpenConf Paper Submission system (http://www.8icgnh.net/register/).
- Please go to the “Authors:” section and choose “Upload File”
- Only accepted and presented full paper from registered/paid participants will be published in the conference book with ISBN.
Instruction to sign up as a Reviewer
- In the OpenConf Homepage, look for Review and Program Committees section. You may see the Sign Up – Keycode. The keycode is available in the invitation email sent to you.
- Key in the keycode and click on the Enter button.
- Now you are at the Reviewer Committee Signup page. Please fill in ALL information needed
- IMPORTANT: In the "Comments to Chair" section, please indicate your Academic Qualification together with the field [e.g. Ph.D (Mathematics Education)].